[AT] Super A Idle Puzzle

WILLIAM HALM bhalm1 at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:53:42 PST 2009

Ben,

I had the same problem with an 8N. The engine would run a full throttle, could not figure it out. Then as I was about to tear into the governor the engine went to idle speed and would not throttle up. It turned out to be the throttle butterfly in the the carb, the screw heads broke off. I replaced the two broken brass screws, re-assembled after checking the float level, installed the carb and that fixed the problem.

Good luck with yours.

Bill
Aurora, Indiana