[AT] 8N Ford

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:11:01 PST 2009

Since I am still trying to stay off of my #$%& knee I am going to go
look at an 8N Ford Tuesday. Not been ran in a "couple of years". Has
very good rear rubber, Sherman hi-lo, pictures look pretty good, looks
like good old TSC super fading paint. Would not start, not stuck.
-
As I look at 9/2/8N's I have been struck by just how many of them have
the Sherman's in them. Most are just the step-up's especially in the
9N's. I've seen mostly Hupps in the Fergies around here.
It is also amazing just how many of the N's have a mangled grill.
Maybe their brakes were not kept up good enough. :-)
I have seen a whole herd of F-20's with "road gears" Behlen I think.
Are there many other tractors where aftermarket overdrives were used?
I have often seen M&W gear sets for Farmall M series but they were to
improve 3rd and 4th gear but didn't change 5th.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"