[AT] Tractor

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 21 21:00:57 PST 2009

Humm.  I don't know why you can't get in to the website, Richard.  Yahoo is persnickity about usernames and passwords.  If you already have a Yahoo membership, I think you have to use the same username and password on any new ones that you join.  If you leave one unused for a couple of weeks, the system will forget that you belong and require you to sign in again, etc.

Early Economy's had either Wsconsin or Briggs & Stratton engines.  Later models had mostly Kohler K-series engines, then KT-series, M-series (Magnum), and ended with the Command series.

If your neighbor has a K-series Kohler engine on it, be aware that Kohler has changed its specs on the carburetor in recent years.  They originally had various diameter venturi's on them, but they now use the same size carburetor of a number of models.

But, if it is a 1948 model, the engine probably is an AEH or an AEN Wisconsin.  Does the tractor have a serial number on the ID plate?  It should be on the top of the hogshead immediately in front of the clutch bell housing.

Larry