[AT] Empire tractors

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Dec 21 09:49:28 PST 2009

Here's a tractor posting ;-)

Wondering who else on the list has an Empire tractor?

I'm sure several of you may know of someone that owns one, but I'm curious if anyone else here actually owns one.

I've got a 1948 Model 90 Empire.  Unfortunately the original flathead 4 cylinder Willys engine was replaced by a previous owner with a F-head Willys engine.  Problem with the F-head vs the flathead engines is that the F-head engine is a lot taller engine with the head and valve cover.  When these conversions were done to the old 4x4 Jeeps they often cut a hole in the hood and put a box on top for the air cleaner.  Likewise on my Empire a hole was cut in the hood.

Would like to find a running flathead Jeep engine to put it back to stock.  I've just missed out on getting engines from Craigs List a couple of times.

George