[AT] IH square baler questions

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Sun Dec 20 20:08:26 PST 2009

Hey guys

I traded for a coupla old IH balers; a 46 & 47.  The 47 looks best & looks
nearest to be working but 46 has hope also (anyone got a set of twine
needles and that "U" shaped tube they mount on you'd part with)?  The 47 had
a broken needle; 46 had a bent needle (IOW I have one pair of good needles &
one good mount (other mount is bent).

Now for the main question; the plungerhead on the 47 has a bent part on it
that most likely broke the needle.  I think I can straighten it.  See

 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/IH%20balers/damage02.jpg and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/lewbest/IH%20balers/damage01.jpg

Anyone ever seen anything like this?  What might have caused it to bend like
this?  I just want to know if there's anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks!

Lew Best near Waco, TX

Please note new email addy

lew at lewslittlefarm.com