[AT] Tractor collecting question - wishing

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 20 10:02:26 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cecil Bearden" <crbearden at copper.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:35 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Tractor collecting question - wishing

> That 930 CK was the best tractor ever made in my opinion.  If I could
> find a cab w/air for my 930, It would be my baling tractor...  That hand
> clutch would save my knee hip and back...  And that old 401 engine has
> so much torque, a baler would not slow down...

Of course, what was I thinking? I want my 1969 932 back. Old number 8351612
that I had for just a few short years and foolishly traded it off on the
newer 2090 Case. That 932 with its big wide western special fenders looked
great. The "Cozy" cab I installed was about the best aftermarket cab you
could buy and the only mistake there was getting a cab cooler instead of
real a.c.
About the only change I can think of would be to go for bigger rear tires.
Those skinny little 18.4x34s always looked small and they were not quite up
to handling all 85 horsepower in heavy pulling and wet conditions.
I'd probably install a good front end loader and use it for round bale
handling and all the other useful tasks a front end loader can do on the
farm.

Ralph in Sask.