[AT] My "realistic" old tractor plan

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 20 08:17:05 PST 2009

--- On Sun, 12/20/09, Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: [AT] My "realistic" old tractor plan

Oh, so now we have to get real??  It is so much fun to fantasize about winning the lottery, being in perfect health, having the perfect shop and all the time in the world to play with our toys.  Ok, reality check.
Now that my best buddy has his new wood furnace in the shop we are planning on spending the winter working on LOTS of stuff.
First is getting the Mack 'hotrod' B model fired up again.  We have put a 1964 B cab on a 1972 GM Brigadier chassis with a 6-71 and 10 speed trans.  Also built a leaf over air-ride suspension on the back.  Before the correct police get going, let me say that the Mack chassis and running gear were TOTALLY gone, way to many years of rust to work with, the cab was the only thing salvagable.  When done the truck will look stock but have some fun features.  Designing and fabricating the exhaust right now,  mufflers are more of an art than science.  Oh, what we want is not available on the market, so we build, and that's the fun of one of these projects anyhow.
Next (and at the same time) I'm working on my recently purchased SC Case (slightly? stuck but fine sheetmetal), a Sears Handiman walking tractor, Fairbanks engine, and a Getman Scoot-Crete.  I have way to many projects I want to do, never enough time nor money to ever get them all done.  (Like I'm any different from the rest of you <G>).

David
It's cold today.  Iffn we could have snow and 70 degrees winter would be perfect.