[AT] a challenge

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Dec 18 06:39:06 PST 2009

Gil---Thank God for the technology that lets you talk to us.

Sure did enjoy hearing from you. Over the years you have added so much to
this list.

I still enjoy looking at the photo taken at the Outback-ATIS charity auction
of you, Vera, Cecil Monson and I.

H. L.

On 12/16/2009 7:03:00 PM, GIL (gschwartz1 at mchsi.com) wrote: > Okay farmer, and anybody else that cares, > I'm going to give this a try. You > don't hear much from me anymore > because I can no longer type so I just hang > around. Typing went by the wayside, as did writing and anything else that > > requires a steady hand. > Parkinson's, essential tremor, and palsy seem to > have taken their toll. I now use Dragon software and do most of my little > computer work by speaking into a microphone. Anyway, here goes. > In 1946 or 47 I did my first tractor driving on a 9n or 2n Ford Ferguson. > My father had purchased it new immediately after WWII. After a couple of > years he also acquired a WC Allis. I drove both from time to time until he > got rid of the WC and traded the Ford Ferguson on a new WD Allis in 1949. I > guess you'd > have to say those were the first three tractors I drove. > Along about 1988 came a John Deere G puller. That one lasted about two > years and we got rid of it before someone got hurt. The count then > steadily > increased. As of right now we have one MM, 3 Cockshutts, and a whole > bunch > of AC's. One thing we learned was never to have your tractors all in a row > because someone will get an actual count and then decide just how crazy you > are. Ha > Gil >