[AT] Recap - First tractor

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 17 18:41:02 PST 2009

 Kids today are a lot different than 30 years ago. Most have little interest
in things mechanical. I keep telling mine he's going to learn something
about farming and all things mechanical whether he wants to or not. I had to
drill over about 4 acres of wheat a couple weeks ago. I let him work the
hydraulics for a while--it kept him busy. While we were drilling I looked
across at another field and distinctly remember one Sat. afternoon rolling
beans with the same 4020. We were running late in the day, trying to finish
up. Dad had it in sixth gear and I was working the hydraulics. That was 30
years ago.

John Hall