[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors youdrove?

Ivan Cousins ivancou at windstream.net
Thu Dec 17 18:33:42 PST 2009

 I was a military brat till I was 15 , never lived on a farm . After dad
retired we moved back to Pa where my parents were both from .  Neither of
them ever had tractors around  so the were pretty foreign . A buddy of mine
had to plow snow one day and had burried the old farmall H down to the axles
. Fearing his dad would have a fit he enlisted me to help . He got the other
tractor started an old farmall M and we proceded out the lane to pull the
other out . I got to drive the H ,while he pulled .It took awhile as we had
to stop and dig snow away from the wheels , but after much work the H
finally came out .
Many years later the next tractor I drove was a rental unit ,a small kubota
backhoe . A few years later I made my first real tractor purchase ,a farmall
A . Which I still have .
 So when were sitting around the campfire  now you know why I'm so quiet
when the talk is about farming .
Ivan