[AT] Funny Tractor Stories

rdhaskell rdhaskell at juno.com
Thu Dec 17 17:07:28 PST 2009

Hi all.
This is a funny story to me, but not to my wife.  I picked up an un
styled A JD that was stuck, I pulled the plugs and filled the cylinders
with Diesel and let it set a few weeks.  I had previously check to see
that the valves were not stuck.  To try and brake it loose I decided to
pull it with another tractor, this required two people and is where my
wife came in.  I put her on the stuck A and I was on the pull tractor,
told her to pop the clutch when I gave the signal. The first couple of
times it just slid the wheels, then it broke loose.  Immediately there
was a huge cloud of Diesel spray, could hardly see the wife.  I stopped
my tractor and ran back to her, she was covered in Diesel and other
things that came out of the spark plug holes and exhaust.  At first I
thought it was funny, but she let me know in no uncertain words that it
was not.  I haven't tried that again.  And yes we are still married after
over 42 years.  This is the same wife that lost the tip of a finger
helping me unload an engine from a trailer.  I think I'll keep her.

Ron Haskell
rdhaskell at juno.com
Riverside, California USA
http://picasaweb.google.com/RonHaskell