[AT] A CHALLENGE - - Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Tue Dec 15 22:23:48 PST 2009

Ah, you never forget the fun stuff.  At about seven years old on
visits to my grandfather's farm I was absolutely smitten
with anything tractor, but was only allowed to briefly steer a
Ford 2N.   The 2N steering wheel seemed kinda wide back then.
When we moved to the same farm (age 12) I learned to operate
in succession a Farmall Super H (mostly disking or hauling
hay bales),  a Farmall A  with an exhaust-lift  cultivator, a Ford 8N
and a crank start AC WC with hand brakes (pulling a rope trip
plow daily 'til dark.)  I bought my OWN first tractor two or three years
later - a stout Massey Harris 44-6 - for $600, the exact wages of
two summers of pitching bales, mowing with an armstrong lift AC-B
and other worthy endeavors.

Chuck Bealke