[AT] Pressure washers

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 19:28:31 PST 2009

In a message dated 12/15/2009 3:10:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hank at millerfarm.com writes:
IMHO, both of the units

you listed are too powerful.

I agree.  I have a 9 hp Honda unit with a CAT pump and I only use it a
couple of times a year.

I once used it on some cedar lawn chairs  --  wife still grumbles when she
looks at them.  I could have used a chain saw  and not inflicted as much
damage. I also have a couple of cheap electric  units.  Don't waste your money
on those.  They would be great if they  worked.  My Honda unit is adjustable
and I need to start doing that for  some of cleaning/washing I use it for.
I also bought the "sand blast" kit  for it.  I have never used it but my
neighbor used it on a Case crawler I  sold him.  Definitely a warm weather
tool.  The nice thing about wet  sandblasting is the reduction in dust.  I have
the rotary nozzle for  cleaning concrete that does a nice job.

For serious equipment cleaning I  have a "Jenny" steam cleaner.  Love it.
Cuts grease and doesn't do  the damage like the pressure washer and can be
used in colder weather.   Safety gear is necessary for both steam cleaner and
pressure  washer.

Gary
Renton, WA