[AT] Pressure washers

hank at millerfarm.com hank at millerfarm.com
Tue Dec 15 15:02:26 PST 2009

With pressure washers more is often worse!   IMHO, both of the units
you listed are too powerful.   Those cheap 1000psi units work good,
and don't strip the paint off of whatever you are cleaning.  I would
call heat more important than pressure (most headed units are 3000 psi
though).

All pressure washers (even just garden hose pressure at times) have a
tendency of getting water where you don't want it - past oil seals and
into your bearings.

Don't get me wrong, the high pressure units do have a place (and are
generally much higher quality = lasts longer).   There are some things
that need more pressure.   However make sure you can drop your
pressure down, and that you do so unless you actually need the pressure.