[AT] Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:15:48 PST 2009

First tractor to drive solo: John Deere A with a 2 row corn cultivator in
second gear in a REALLY BIG corn field. Got rather tired of driving that 2
cylinder. Oh, it was hand start and I wasn't anywhere near big enough to get
it to start so after I killed it once (and Dad had to restart it) I didn't
do THAT again.

Next one was an 9N (I think. I wasn't real old). I know when I was 12 I
backed over my brother with a Farmhand grinder/mixer (full of feed) on the
back of a Ford NAA. He survived and I became rather paranoid about backing
equipment up. Still am.

First "big" tractor was Massey 98 (basically an Oliver 99 with a 3-71
Detroit).

Sorry... that's more than 3. Not sure whether I ran the 98 before the NAA or
not. It was about the same time.

Ken in AZ