[AT] Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:43:25 PST 2009

The first tractor I used had to be a Farmall Regular with rear on steel and front on rubber tires.  Dad had two Fordsons prior to the regular, but at age two or three years, they are a very vague memory. Next came a John Deere unstyled L.  That was used for cultivating and wagon and trailer pulling.  It also became my favorite go cart, run about tractor.  The creek on our place was 1/2 mile from the house, and the L took me there and back many times.  The third tractors that I can recall is a toss up between a Farmall M with wide front, and an MD.  Both were owned by the same farmer that I worked for part time at age 13.  I spent a week in the fall working both tractors.  I believe the M came first drawing 100 bushel loads of potatos.  When the potatos were finished, I went to fitting ground with the MD.  I had an attachment to the sound, smell and power of the MD.

Charlie V. in WNY