[AT] Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 14 07:44:43 PST 2009

I was a 'late' bloomer. I was 7 before I got to drive tractor. We did not
live on a farm, so it was down to summers when we visited the 'farms'. At 7
I was allowed to drive an IH 'H' that was only 3 years old. Around and
around the barn yard I went.  Next summer, got me pulling wagons. At age 12
I hired on to a dairy farm. they had A's, but I was given the cub to clip
pasture with a belly mounted sicklebar mower. I carried anvil, section,
guards, and rivits with me to do repairs.  Several frighting experiences
with that cub, over loaded, hillside, and a pond, in Apex, NC area.

At 15 we moved to Peru, SA. I was a 'qualified' tractor driver, and drove
TO-30 a lot. At 16 moved to my uncles farm and the same H became mine,
especailly when corn was being culivating.

So, (1) Farmall 'H', (2) TO-30 (never did liked it), then (3) Farmall M, oh,
but the arces I plowed with that M.

Paul - 46555