[AT] Can you name the first three tractors you drove?

DBigdog DBigdog at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 14 06:38:50 PST 2009

That's a pretty easy one for me Farmer.
    The first tractor I drove without someone in the seat with me was a John
Deere B.  I was 5 going on 6 at the time.  (No OSHA or Child Protective
Services on the farm back then)  I moved the tractor around and learned to
back with it.  One of the first jobs I did as the "operator" of the tractor
was run the rear mounted post hole digger. - We built a lot of fence back
then as we had livestock.
    When I proved I could handle that responsibly dad bought a Ford 8N which
was "my" tractor as it was small and easy for me to handle.  I raked and
baled a lot of hay with that tractor.  I also rotary hoed a lot of corn and
soybeans and eventually cultivated a lot of acres with the 2 row rear
mounted cultivators.
    After I had grown a bit I moved up to the Farmall M that was the
workhorse of the farm.  I was king of the hill when I was on that M.

BD