[AT] Best way to prevent diesel gel

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Sun Dec 13 15:52:16 PST 2009

Me too  :-).

But on a somewhat  related subject -- we have had unusually cold weather
here in the NW the past  few days.

I keep some bottled water in a carport.  The carport  temperatures stay a
little warmer if there is no wind but the difference between  the carport and
a patio away from the house varied as much as 8 degrees.   Some of the
variation was understandable some not.  BUT, the real  interesting event was the
bottled water.  With the temperature in the low  twenties, some of the
bottles were frozen some not.  When I would take one  of the unfrozen in the
house, it would immediately freeze.  You could watch  it turn in just a few
seconds.  I thought water froze at more or less 32  degrees.  Any of you
chemists or physicists have an explanation in laymen  terms?  I did some Google
research but not sure any of what I found fully  explained what I was
observing.

Gary

Renton, WA