[AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 13 14:28:15 PST 2009

The Farmalls were intended as regular, "row crop" tractors.  The
Internationals were more for industrial applications.  A lot of them had
foot throttles, maybe different tire options, etc.  I have seen photos of
an International Super A cultivating tobacco.  I expect, especially in the
Super A era, that they would sell, and farmers would buy, whatever was on
the hood!  I expect a lot of Internationals got sold for mowing roadsides,
etc.

The later 140's said International on the hood, but the decal with "140" on
it had Farmall at the top of it.  The 140 was the last International
Harvester tractor to have Farmall on it anywhere.

Al

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_140/farmall_140_516d.html>