[AT] Case VAC

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Dec 13 06:30:13 PST 2009

    Farmer.
    Steve and I had a good visit at the banquet. Checkers also sat with us.
Lots of food and visiting.

    I have made a simple clip to fit over the throttle rod. Drill a hole a
little bigger than the rod and a smaller hole on the other end for a return
spring hooked to any convenient place. The foot pedal sometimes has rust
where it mounts under the platform and may need a shot of your favorite
penerant. Sometimes the pin the pedal pivots on will break and bind the
pedal. The little coil spring on the linkage pivot is usually broken and I
don't know if there is a replacement for them, but the extra return spring
will wokr as well or better.

                    Gene

Gene:
Lubing the rod where it passes through the bracket and lubing the foot
throttle cured it. It is still a tiny bit weak on the return but I
suspect a little "springing" of the spring that is mounted on the
pivot lever (probably not its name) just above the foot throttle may
help that. I'll have to look at it sometime.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"