[AT] Freezing pipes

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 12 14:01:12 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "charliehill" <charliehill at embarqmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Freezing pipes

  He had just gotten into the
> bio-diesel business and was having a hard time with his bio part of the
> stuff gelling up on him.  Turns out the animal fat version will gel at
> about
> 40 degs.  The veggie oil version will stand a bit more cold but is still
> problematic in cold weather.

Charlie, that is why I am doubtful just how well the bio-diesel will work
here where diesels have to run at -40 degrees and worse. We do fine on
winter diesel now but if they start mixing vegetable oil I think there will
be problems. I just had the Super 90 running to put a couple of hay bales
out and it was nearly -20 with a miserable NW wind blowing that I hear is
producing wind chill factors in the -40 range. No problems with the diesel
fuel gelling yet ...

Ralph in Sask.