[AT] Computer spyware problem HELP

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Dec 12 07:49:26 PST 2009

One thing that might help is to start up the computer is "safe mode with
networking" then use one of the one line scanners - there are several I
usually end up using the one from Trend Micro.
In most cases safe mode will prevent the crap from running as the start
up programs are ignored (and the reason to do safe mode with networking
- that loads the drivers for the modem or the network card).
The real anti virus things usually can't delete a program when it is in use.

I run XP so I'm not sure of the exact steps for Vista or Windows 7 but
I'm sure the same would apply.

David
NW NC