[AT] Computer spyware problem HELP

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:27:18 PST 2009

Has anyone run into AntiMalware2009?   I picked it up somehow today.  I
realized it immediately but can't get rid of it.  It masks it's self as an
antispyware program and has a toolbar shield that looks like the Microsoft
protection shield.  It keeps popping up and trying to get you to buy it.
>From what I can find out online IF you do buy it (I didn't) it just loads
more spam and spyware onto your computer.  It keeps popping up claiming my
computer is infected with fake viruses and spyware.

I've deleted it,  I've blocked it from going to the internet with my
firewall,  I've downloaded PCtools spyware doctor that claims it can kill
it.  Spyware doctor says it has blocked it but wants me to pay for the
program to remove it.  However, it's still popping up even though it's
supposed to be blocked.

If anyone knows how to kill this animal please let me know.  And for the
rest, if you get a popup that looks like it's from microsoft warning you
about viruses and spyware you've probably got this bug.  Beware.  I
suspected it from the beginning and tryed every way I can figure out to stop
it from installing but it installed it's self anyway.   Oh I forgot.  It
disables your ability to do a previous date restore too.

Help!!!!

Charlie Hill