[AT] Computer spyware problem HELP

Gene Waugh GWaugh at wowway.com
Fri Dec 11 17:19:12 PST 2009

Charlie, I am NOT a puter pro, but...(encouraging, huh?)  I once got one
of these cursed programs that kept popping up---just searched, found and
evaluated several ways to get rid of the vermin.  I searched for yours,
and it looks as though there are several ways to get rid of it.  Several
methods involve buying software, but here is what I would first try  if
I had the problem.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antimalware-2009

Down a ways on this page, you will see:

Tools Needed for this fix:

    * Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwar
      <http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe>

Apparently this Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an OK free program.  I
looked at:
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
, CNet's download site, and it seems to be pretty well regarded.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction---I know from sad
experience that these things really glue themselves into your system!

Gene