[AT] Old trains/now NC State foolishness

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 10 04:58:37 PST 2009

David,  that Chem 101 class had more people than in my high school
graduating class by a factor of about 4 or maybe 5.  I knew right off I was
in trouble so I went to one of the "help sessions" the grad students held.
I never got to talk to anyone.  There was a line and at the head of the line
were some "smart" kids that were having a nerd session with the grad
students about the extra credit problems at the end of the problem book.
The day my mom took me up to State talk to the admissions folks, the guy
looked at my high school records and told me he was going "do me a favor"
and go ahead and enroll me in the school of engineering as a freshman.  It
took me several years to figure it out but now there is no doubt in my mind
that he was a bald face liar and he knew full well he was sending me to
certain failure.

Charlie