[AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Dec 10 04:03:14 PST 2009

I started in the late '80's with my MF 35.  After I moved "back home" to
a portion of my grandparent's farm I inherited my grandpa's AC D-14 and
Ferguson 30.
I added the JD 2010 to the fold a few years later.
I remember many fall nights when of junior high and high school age when
plowing with the Allis.  I always liked the idea of farming but even in
the 1970's here it was obvious only those who could farm in a rather big
way would survive.  So I chose an easier line of work - the textile
industry.  Now I'm not even a gentleman farmer but I get the tractors
out from time to time and play in the dirt or these days the mud.
BTW as much as I love the MF35 (and as I get older I like it even more)
there is nothing that sounds better than than D-14 under load.

David
NW NC