[AT] When did you start collecting old tractors?

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Wed Dec 9 14:47:35 PST 2009

    I started farming in 1972 with my Case 700 diesel, that I still use for
my field work and most miscellenous jobs. Also farmed with a Case 800 and
1070. Then had a minneapolis G900 and Massey 1030. The last 4 were sold at
farm sales. Started serious collecting in 1998 when I bought the Case LA,
then the S, then VAIW, all restored, then a case D and 430 which I sold. 2
Case VC from Dave Cesan in Massechusetts, one to run and 1 for parts, also
got the VAIW from Dave. Got a Case V and VC from North Dakota and a VA from
South Dakota. A Case 900 from Nebraska and IH 660 from Minnesota. A Case VAH
and 430 from North Carolina, A 530 military from New Jersey and a SC in
downtown Philadelphia. Another 530 military from 1 county west of me and a
VAI in southern Ohio. The Case VC I am restoring came from near Wooster,
ohio along with my Case 200 baler. My Case 320 dozer came from Orchard,
Iowa.
    Some other short lived residents were an Oliver 77, Allis B and C. Had a
1961 Farmall Cub for a couple of years and sold at Cubfest 2008.
    Restored an Allis CA and C for friends.
    Collecting has come to a halt for now as barn space is limited.

                        Gene