[Farmall] Farmall H - Won't Start

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 9 08:37:22 PST 2009

Fist off, check all the battery cable connections, including where the
ground cable attaches to the frame.  Even a little corrosion is a
problem.  2nd thing to check is will the motor turn free or is it
bound.  Wear on the starter drive or the ring gear will cause the
starter to bind against the gear and totally lock both.  If you can't
get a crank on it due to the loader, put in 5th and rock rear wheel,
while watching fan.  If fan won't move, loosen starter bolts and try
again.  if drive bound to ring gear is a problem, it will pop and then
turn.