[Farmall] H Lift All

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Dec 8 07:28:15 PST 2009

Got the #33 loader mounted to the H last weekend. Not an easy task for one
person to do alone. Got a few things to check before it goes into actual
use, but it's ready to play with and have ready for the big storm that's
supposed to paralyzed half the country in the next couple of days (?).
Checked the oil in the Lift All and found it to be bone dry, so I put in
six quarts of 30W oil and powered it up...got nothing. Figured I needed to
prime the pump maybe, so I filled up the pipe on the right side of the
pump, reconnected the hydraulic hose, hit the clutch and pulled on the
lever, still nothing. Checked the oil in the pipe and it was gone, so I
figure the output valve opened and the oil flowed to the gears. Refilled
the pipe a second time and repeated trying to get the pump to pressurize.
Still nothing, and again the pipe was empty. It was getting late and the
sun was going down, so I let the tractor sit where it was. Thinking either
the pump gears are worn, the overpressure valve is stuck open, or the
bypass valve is not sealing properly. Didn't like the thought of having to
drain the six quarts of oil and drop the pump to tear into it.

Yesterday I was thinking about the pump and thought that it was running
pretty quite for a fifty year old pump of it's design. I got home from
work late and it wasn't too cold, so I grab a door mat and a set of
sockets and decided to drop the back plate. Simple task, just the two
bolts. Shined a light up into the belly and found the problem pretty fast.
The drive shaft is missing.

I've contacted the PO to see if he has the drive shaft and couplings.
Haven't heard back from him yet. I checked E-bay to see if there might be
one up for sale in case he comes back and says he doesn't have it, but
only saw one that was included with a complete pump that is for sale.

So my question is, if I need to go hunting for the drive shaft, does
anybody have one that they would be willing to part with if the PO tells
me he doesn't have them?  Just looking for availability at the moment, I'm
going to chase a couple of other avenues before I come a knockin.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.