[AJD] too many? what to keep and why?

toddd toddd at neb.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 12:10:44 PST 2009

I wonder the same thing, Kreig.  Although I'm sure nobody likes to admit
it, this hobby sure seems to be thinning and graying.  I know there are
a lot of valuable restored tractors out there but I've gotta wonder if
they'll hold their value long term as the two cylinder generation
continues to fade from the scene.  Will two cylinder interest (and
value) fade with them?  I hope not.  I hope there will always be a
reasonable demand for nice two cylinder tractors... even 20 years from
now.  But it really makes me think twice about wanting to lunk down good
(stupid) money on a nice two cylinder these days.  Although these
tractors have generally appreciated in value over the last 20 years I
wonder if that trend will continue much longer.  Will the two cylinders
continue to be ever-green?  Or will they wind up like the Model Ts which
once were very popular but now can hardly be given away?  I guess that's
the nature of hobbies.  You've gotta do it for fun, not profit.  I just
hate to think I'm buying at the top of the curve (which always seems to
by my luck).

Todd