[AT] was Trailer brakes now Olds engines

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:15:29 PST 2009

Mark I know how that is.  I once bought a early 70's Olds 98  just to get
the motor and transmission out of it.  The car belonged to a friends brother
who was a mechanic and the engine was freshly rebuilt.  The brother died and
his widow wanted to sell the old rag of a car.  I gave her $400.00 for it,
drove it to my place where it stayed parked except for an occasional run
around the block to keep it working.  I never licensed or insured it.  It
sat there unused and without me finding the time to pull the engine.
Finally, 3 years or so later, a commercial fisherman who needed the motor
for a skiff approached me about it.  I sold it to him the car for $300.00.
Which is about my normal return on such investments.   I wish I'd kept it!

Charlie