[AT] Trailer brakes

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:51:42 PST 2009

I test my trailer brakes by hooking up to truck, put a small battery charger
straight onto trailer terminal s (positive & negative) at trailer plug. You
should hear the brakes, clang/pop/grab. Then I pull the trailer ahead a
foot, if wheel lock, brakes are working. Just my 2 cents, at least I know if
it is truck or trailer.
If wheel don't lock, I move charger back to wires coming out of axle and
repeat.
Paul - IN