[AT] BOOO! anyone awake in there?

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 05:54:17 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Roy Morgan <k1lky at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I dunno about Houston, but it snowed enough to track a cat in upstate
> NY today.
>
> I noticed because I was installing a proper electric feed to the
> animal barn.
> (the water buckets won't freeze tonight.)
>
> Roy
>
> Roy Morgan

Our oldest cat has a bad case of insomnia and can only sleep 23 hours
a day... The hour he is awake is spent trying to decide if he wants to
be inside or outside.
-
I need to drag out the heated water tub for the horses. It works
really well and has a fairly small heater. I think it is down around
150 Watts or so. If you go to the farm store all they carry is those
1500 watt heaters which work fine but dang, they can spin a meter... I
think this year I am going to help the tub a little by heavily taping
a layer or two of FBBF insulation around it.
-
I may put the blade on the little TO-20 and keep it in the shop with a
block heater plugged in when snow is forecast just in case. Most of
the time I just ignore snow. Being at the edge of town we usually get
plowed pretty quickly and since we don't ever have to go to work etc.
I just wait it out. If we really have to get to town the old 4x4 truck
will usually get through fine. I expect son Scott to be buying a truck
plow pretty soon. There have been a few big snows where he ends up
bringing home something from work like a big tracked skid steer or a
backhoe to clean up the barn lots etc.
As long as I have a path back to the horse barn and to the shops, I'm good.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"