[AT] Baling - Still/ now wheat harvest.

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Thu Dec 3 07:47:32 PST 2009

Charlie---I need to rig up something like that for picking Tomatoes. There
is not enough room on this farm to turn that equipment around.

H. L.

On 12/3/2009 8:43:14 AM, charliehill (charliehill at embarqmail.com) wrote: >
those with high speed Internet connections check out this video. >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anqGtsl29R0 > see what the guys down under do
with wheat straw. About 6 min. Into the > video is where the heavy lifting
starts. > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Herbert Metz" <metz-h
b at mindspring.com> > To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists
antique-tractor. > com> > Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:14 AM >
Subject: Re: [AT] Baling - Still > > > > > > Ralph > > Appreciated the pic
hydraulics is definitely the better method of > > lifting/moving haybales. >
> Also, appreciated the good, old faithful, barn in the background. > Ours >
> was very similar in size and shape, except without the cupola however > it
> > was soon destroyed when the folks retired, sold the farm, and moved > to
> > town. Was glad they could retire and relax (somewhat) as both had >
worked > > hard all of their life. > > I can personally relate to that barn
in another manner our both sagging > a > > bit in the middle. > > Hope your
winter is mild. > > Herb > > > >> [Original Message] > >> From: Ralph Goff
<alfg at sasktel.net> > >> To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists
antique-tractor. > com> > >> Date: 12/2/2009 10:59:18 AM > >> Subject: Re:
[AT] Baling - Still > >> > >> Its surprising just how cheap some of the
early New Holland round > balers > > are > >> now. If you can find one that
> isn't worn out they will do a decent job of > >> rolling hay into big
rolls that are easily handled with a front end > > loader > >> spike. I find
my arthritic knee is a lot better since I switched from > > small > >>
square bales to round. > >> This NH 847 round baler makes a smaller bale
than some of the bigger > > models > >> but if you have a small acreage and
only a few anima
H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA