[AT] Hydraulic hoses & Safety Practices.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Aug 13 18:56:51 PDT 2009

This makes me think of another practice that really just gets me.  We
have folks driving tractors around here that always have the loader
bucket raised fully while mowing, raking, or going down the road.
   I learned 4 things as a kid.  Keep the bucket a foot off the ground,
(lower and you can go over the front on rough ground).  Check the
gearshift for neutral before you ever touch the key.  Leave the tractor
in gear or park. ( did not lock brakes because they used to freeze to
the drums) And Lower all implements to the ground.  This was because we
had livestock and they were always rubbing on the equipment.

To this day, it still happens around here..

Cecil in OKla