[AT] Hydraulic hoses

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 13 04:34:16 PDT 2009

Mike I have to agree with you.  I've never understood why people leave
implements raised in the air with the equipment shut off, regardless if it's
for lunch break or for weeks.  Doing so places a great deal of stress on
everything from the hydaulic system seals to the axle bearings and it's
dangerous as well.

I'm not trying to tell folks what to do.  To each his own but I just don't
understand it.  I will say that I know folks that will leave something like
a disc harrow raised in case they need to pull the tractor because it won't
start.  My solution to that would be to unhook the harrow or fix the
starter.