[AT] mower value

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 27 18:39:41 PDT 2009

 We recently rebuilt a horse drawn No.7 IH sickle mower. It has all new
knives, ledger plates (including the one in the shoes), wear plates, hold
downs, guard bolts,  pitman, wrist pin and bushing. Long story short we had
almost all of the parts (genuine IH) and this machine needed a total rebuild
of the business end. We don't really need it so we are going to sell it if
we can get enough to make it worth our while--if not it can sit here and be
used a couple times a year. It has a shortened tongue so it can be pulled by
tractor. My question is what is a mower in this shape going for in your
area. FWIW all the wear items are the same as on any "late" model IH sickle
mower so parts are very easy to get.

John Hall