[AT] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Mon Aug 17 04:28:05 PDT 2009

Somewhere in the recesses of this tired brain (and in my college
textbooks) is the concept of an azeotrope - a physical combination of
two components that has properties quite different from the individual
components and is quite hard to separate by simple distillation.
Water and ethyl alcohol form such and I'm thinking water and ethylene
glycol (the major component in many antifreeze formulations) would do
the same.

The various reference books that could answer are packed away but the
answer should be somewhere on the web.

David
NW NC