[AT] Portland Camping Update

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Aug 15 15:35:26 PDT 2009

    I was in Portland today to check out our camping reservations. Harold
has done a great job in securing more area for our group. We will have more
area than we have had previously. The areas are roped off and well marked so
early arrivals will easily be able to find our area. Our volunteer
activities and verification have paid good dividends. I hope the light
response to my question of intended campers was not an indicator of low
turnout. I know a lot of the regulars did not respond, but know we can
expect them. Some may bring guest campers and we will have room for a few
extras within reason. Could have room to set up a canopy for the evening
social fest.
    Eastern Indiana is very dry. Had to drive a steel post to make a hole to
put the wooden stakes to rope off the area. The corn in the area is showing
severe stress and soybeans are also under stress. The grounds are very
dusty, but rain is predicted for the mid week.
    Things are coming together for a good show. Hope to see a good turnout.

    Some of you may get this twice as I posted to some off list.

                    Gene Dotson, A.T.I.S. Tractor Wagonmaster