[AT] [Farmall] @$#@$#% Cub - red engine oil

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Aug 15 06:19:23 PDT 2009

I actually bought a 1/2" Chicago Rawhide "speedi-sleeve for the pump
that was badly damaged. I forgot the reason, but I couldn't use the
sleeve - I think that there wasn't enough room between the pump housing
and the drive gear. I suppose, if I had a lathe, I could have put it on
an arbor and cut the sleeve shorter, but I don't have a lathe. I still
have the sleeve, as they are "non-returnable" once the package has been
opened.

The only way that I think would do the job properly would be to spatter
weld additional material on the groove and then precision grind it down
to the proper finish. I still have the damaged pump (somewhere in my barn).

Mike