[AT] Hydraulic fittings

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Fri Aug 14 15:22:10 PDT 2009

Yeah, it's either the excess tape somebody left hanging over
the end of the fitting, that then falls off into the system, or tape
that extruded into the system by overtightening the fitting.

I suppose the same thing could happen if you got too exuberant
with the liquid stuff.

For water, I wrap the tape around the end of the fitting a bit
to keep it from backing off when assembling it, but obviously
not good for hydraulic.

I don't know for sure that the TSC hoses are the same as
on the Wagner, but I suspect ag stuff is pretty standard.

We were planning to take the 8N to the Dover OH show
this weekend, but it's predicted to be a scorcher, don't want
to deal with a lot of heat on the first run with a "new" tractor
+ "new" truck.

Might take it to either SCRAP or Wellington.

Dave Merchant