[AT] Hydraulic hoses & Safety Practices.

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Aug 14 03:54:08 PDT 2009

Every loader manual I have ever seen stresses, on the front page in bold
print, that you carry the bucket down and only raise it as you are
approaching the dump point (straight on). I bought a wrecked Farmall 140
with an IH 1000 loader several years ago, and the seller told me that
the reason that the seat, steering wheel, hood, and control valve
handles were seriously damaged was because the operator had a load of
gravel in the raised bucket and tried to turn a corner. He said that the
operator was badly injured.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_140/140-1.html> When I
worked at a tractor dealership, we had a Ford compact diesel in similar
condition because the operator had tried to turn a corner with a load of
snow in the raised bucket. The tractor was written off, but the operator
was luckier and escaped with only minor injuries. As Steve, Cecil, and
others have related, if you make safety a habit, it takes no effort at
all and can save your (or someone else's) life.

Mike