[AT] Hydraulic hoses

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Aug 13 03:12:55 PDT 2009

Here is my position on that issue: NPT threads are tapered and should
not require any kind of pipe dope or tape. But, if your threads are old
or you just want to make sure, start the tape at least two threads back
from the end. That way, the is very little chance of tape pieces getting
into the system. I have found old pieces of O rings gaskets, and other
trash in the filters of hydraulic systems, but never Teflon tape. My
take is that the potential for the tape being a problem is considerably
less than some people claim.

Mike