[Ford-ferguson] Hydraulic hoses

Carl Baker carl.baker at pnl.gov
Wed Aug 12 16:24:24 PDT 2009

Loc-tite makes a sealant that incorporates Teflon that I've used before.
It goes on as a thick white liquid and cures like caulk.  I think the
problem with tape is that it can come off in chunks an get gummed up in
various parts of the hydraulic system.  Not likely a problem on these
older simple unfiltered systems with generous tolerances, but using
sealant instead of tape is probably a good precaution....

-- carl