[AT] Spencer's book

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 06:48:48 PDT 2009

Earlier this year I was at a TSC store converting money into horse
stuff and I just happened to see a book in the rack I didn't
recognize. Seems it was written by some guy named Spencer Yost... :-)
It was called "How To Keep Your Classic Tractor Alive". I picked it up
and flipped through it and spotted several tractors and names I was
familiar with including my own so I bought it. I was not sure if it
would be any good or not but I figured hey, I have this wobbly table
that needs propping up anyway so I would take a chance... (Hi Spencer)
 ;-)
We had a very nice visit here at TMCOTKU a while back when Spencer
stopped by to take a batch of pictures on a fairly large picture
taking tour. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was able to use
a number of the pictures he took here in the book. I don't know if I
got them all listed but here is a little list:
Page 16 - My R (page 29 is not my R but looks the same, I think it is
Steve Sewells)
page 33 - My Allis C
page 47 - My Super M's hydraulic pump
page 59 - A worn out old hulk (and an R)
page 62 - My MM-R. (the correct police will note that I painted the
little dash panel and the clutch lever red just to annoy them)
page 69 - The Behlen power steering pump on my SMTA.
page 76 - The Spee-Co 3 point hitch on my Super M.
page 83 - One of my old hay wagons behind my SMTA.
page 103 - My $20 yard sale hay conditioner. (it was jammed and had a
broken linkage when I bought it, only took an hour to repair)
page 104 - One of my old small hopper wagons.
page 192 - The rear wheel of my Super M.
page 221 - My MM-R.
Back cover - My Allis C (I'll try to remember to tell the story of the
wheels on this one in another post).
-
I may have missed one or two but that pretty much covers it. It was a
great visit and we squeezed a "LOT' of visit in a short time followed
by a big meal at the local Chinese buffet. Spencer was doing this all
across the eastern Midwest in just a few days time so if you spot any
little minor errors cut him some slack...   :-)
-
I would enjoy hearing from others who have stuff in this book just to
know where the pics were taken.
-
Nice book... Proud to own it.

--