[AT] agco--- and johnson grass

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 9 04:16:41 PDT 2009

 JD makes a CVT transmission it is a completely different design and
supposedly is not as efficient.  I haven't used either so I can't vouch for
either.
The AGCO CVT is  a Fendt design and there are upwards of 50,000 of them in
the fields in the US, South American and Europe.

I agree AGCO should have kept the White name too along with Oliver and AC.
The only recognizable brand they have kept is Massey Ferguson.  If you go to
a farm show and look certain models of Challenger, MF and AGCO tractors
sitting side by side they are exactly the same except for the paint and
decals.  Seems to me they would get some white, orange and green paint and
expand on that a bit.  I don't understand what you are saying about New
Holland.  To my knowledge New Holland tractors came out of the demise of
Ford tractors and never had anything to do with AGCO.

Charlie