[AT] Ok now how about George Willer?(roll call)

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Aug 7 07:07:03 PDT 2009

Good to hear from you Cecil.  Sounds like you're getting geared up big time
in the hay business.  I had to laugh when I read "Johnson Grass".  I spent
half of my childhood trying to get rid of Johnson grass on our farm.
That is tough stuff.  We used to turn it over with the breaking plows just
before a big freeze to try and kill the roots.  I guess it helped.  Between
Johnson grass, joint grass (common bermuda) and Crodalea (sp) we burned half
our fuel just trying to clean the place up when my dad took it back over
from the tennant farmers in the late 50's.

Years later I leased the place to a guy that put it, fence row to fence row,
in cotton.  After about 5 years of all those cotton herbicides the problems
were gone.