[AT] Case 380CK brakes

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 4 17:55:23 PDT 2009

> I wonder if the brake is activated by a cam like big truck brakes.  When
> they get too far worn the cam will "roll over" and then can't release.

T is not a camming problem.  The brakes have a slave cylinder that work a
brake band that contracts around a disk brake.  As the band tightens it
causes the two halves of the disk to move apart and contact the sides of the
brake housing.  I suspect the linkage between one of the slave cylinders and
the band is the problem.

I will be there in a few weeks and can look over the problem then.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU
New ruralize pages, follow the link off http://www.ruralize.com