[Farmall] Farmall not starting---still!

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 3 06:06:10 PDT 2009

I took the coil into local auto electric shop and it tests fine, and I thought I was getting electricity to the coil and out of the coil to the points, but not spark.  So it has to be something.  I will do some double checking.

Is there a way to test the condenser?  A couple of years ago I had a problem with my 340.  Put in new coil and condenser and still would not start.  Turned out the new condenser was bad...took it back to Case-IH and they tested it.  The condenser for the magneto is a real pain to get in out and so I would like to test it installed.

Thanks,

Larry